I love answers to prayers.
Life is meant to have its hard parts. That's how we learn and grow.
It's how we get to be better people.
So I don't expect life to be easy all of the time. I guess I knew it was coming, life has been so good for quite a stretch of time now.
Even though things get hard He, our Heavenly Father, is still there, and no matter what happens, we'll have the things that we need.
That's all that matters.
I was able to show the girls this over the weekend.
It was (and still is) at the point where I was wondering,
"What next? What now? Can we really handle one more thing in this situation?"
And then one more thing happened, and I really had no idea how we were going to do it. All I could do was pray and hang on to that.
And an answer came. Not for all of it, but enough. It leaves me knowing that we will get through it and everything will be okay again.
Actually, it will be better than it was.
This I know.
We've been trying to read the Book of Mormon by Easter. It's been hard, getting up a half hour early to read 4 or 5 chapters every day. We're a little bit behind, but we'll make it happen.
I love that Tayler seems to be completely absorbed by it. She follows along, every verse, even when her sisters sometimes just sit back and listen. Not Tayler. She's hanging on every word.
And just when I think Cali has fallen asleep, she'll ask a question.
"What does 'smite' mean?"
"What does 'persecute' mean?"
Those are the two that she can never seem to remember.
I appreciated that with our experience this weekend I could show Brynn and Cas how it was so much like what we've been reading. Life will have its hard patches, but if we do all that we can to be good people, we won't be alone through it, and we'll come out better for it.
I know this to be true.
If you'd like to know what it is that we've been reading, click on the Book of Mormon link. You can get a copy for free. Or I'd be happy to send one to you myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment