Monday, July 23, 2012

after two weeks of playing hard... happy birthday grandma

Back to life, back to reality.
After two weeks of playing hard my alarm clock rang out this morning at a much too early hour.
Oddly enough, I was ready for it.

Travelogue posts to come.
I know you can barely contain your excitement at such a prospect.

Happy  84th birthday to Grandma W, yesterday.



This lady is hilarious. 

Tomorrow  is Pioneer Day here in Utah.  That means another holiday in July where we have picnics and BBQs and shoot off fireworks with friends and family to celebrate our state becoming... well, a state in this great country.
Because you just can't have enough picnics and BBQs and fireworks in July.

This also means that since I happen to work for the state of Utah, I get the day off.

When I come back from a two week vacation I like to do it slowly.

Reason #6 on why I love my job.

Posts I need to get up this week:
birthday posts for Julie Mom and Brent Dad
a really good one that makes fun of my "twin" brother Nick
Girl's Camp: BOOT Camp
Lake Powell:crashing the neighbor's vacay
a prank on the lake
a portrait of yours truly drawn by my 10 year old.  It's pretty accurate.

Enough of this, it's time to clear out the email and voicemail.  I suppose some of us should actually work for a living.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...