I was sitting in our trailer in a campground at Joe's Valley (Utah) (more on that in the next day or two) when I found I had a minute to myself.
This never happens.
Never.
Jayme and Sean had been safely deposited with their mom and the girls had been whisked off on Harley's by their dad and his Harley gang (more on that in the next day or two) so it was just The Man and I on this little outing.
The Man had gone up to his uncle's campsite for something or other and so there I was.
Alone.
I pulled out my scriptures and opened The Book of Mormon to 1 Nephi.
I read chapter one.
And the last verse, verse 20 (here), just hit me.
Starting in the middle.
But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen,
Who has He chosen?
because of their faith,
He's chosen those who have faith. Me? You?
You better believe it.
His tender mercies are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith for what?
to make them mighty
Wow.
even unto the power of deliverance.
That scripture has sat in my mind, and in my heart all weekend long.
It's beautiful.
I know I have faith.
And therefore His tender mercies are over me to make me mighty, even unto the power of deliverance.
I know this to be true.
No comments:
Post a Comment