In a matter of three hours I:
made and frosted a three tier cake for our church wedding dress fashion show
took Tayler to the doctor to check for a uti (more history on that here)
ended up going to the hospital for x-rays on her guts
where her gown was too big
and so was the table, in my opinion
I tried to plan dinner over the phone with Cas while at the hospital, but it wasn't working out and I had to resort to telling the kids to just grab frozen burritos or ramen
I stopped at the pharmacy for a very long wait to just drop the prescription off for Tay
West sent me a text saying Cas wasn't going to the fashion show because she was now grounded
I got home and talked to West about Cas's grounding. I wanted to support him but Cas was the only girl small enough to fit into three of the dresses and if she weren't there those ladies weren't going to have their dresses shown. She really needed to go out of commitment to others.
So Cas got grounded for the next day (today)
Cas and I ran pell nell, as much as we could with a three tier cake, to the church to get there on time to get ready for said fashion show
Maybe it really wasn't a lot, but by that time, I was tired. And feeling stressed with a bit of anxiety. I didn't expect to end up at the hospital, even for x-rays, and I certainly never enjoy conflict, especially with my man. I hope that I showed him I support him while still explaining the situation was more than he realized. And I explained to Cas that the only reason she was going to the fashion show, was because other people where relying on it, but I stood firmly behind The Man.
At the church we found out that half our girls were no longer coming which put a small strain on the situation and made me so grateful that Cas was there. We worked with the girls that did show up to have them wear more dresses than they were planning on. We didn't want to let anyone down and so much work had gone into the night.
Talented women were there doing hair and somehow (?) I ended up doing make-up. We primped those girls up and sent them into the wedding dress room with other leaders who were in charge of that chaos.
I went out and found a seat to watch "the catwalk."
And I watched as the young women that I've come to love paraded out in wedding dresses to stories of the brides who'd worn them before and the funny things that had happened on those wedding days.
Can I just say it's a little surreal to see your daughter in a wedding dress?
Come on, I'm just getting used to the idea of her first boyfriend...
So today Cas gets to be grounded.
And hopefully today we get to hear about Tayler's x-ray results. The doctor is hoping she's "backed up" because that would explain her wetting the bed and her constant uti's. Plus, it's an easy fix.
So here's to hoping?
Also, today is my one year mark at being at my job. This means good things as far as progressing and training. We've just been waiting for my year probation to be up. So if I'm not fired by 5:00 today... I'll be moving on to slightly bigger and better things here. Which I couldn't be more excited about it. My boss has already sent out the email to HR and to his boss about getting things rolling for me so I'd say my chances of keeping my job past today are pretty good.
Plus, the new season of Vampire Diaries starts today and if you saw the season finale for season 3 then you know the cliff hanger we were left with... ah! I can't wait!
Here's to a less chaotic and anxiety filled afternoon than yesterday. Besides, it's Thursday, and Thursday is the best day of the week. It's Friday eve :).
No comments:
Post a Comment