I love that cartoon.
That and Wizards of Waverly Place.
That's pure entertainment right there.
Anyway, Phineas and Ferb. This scene happened and I cracked up. As in giggled myself silly because this scene right here explains exactly what it feels like to be a mom. Watch how Baljeet reacts to Buford:
I died.
Not 15 minutes after watching that show I was in the kitchen with The Circus talking about "The Muppets Christmas Carol" when someone asked Tayler if she even knew what we were talking about and she replied, "Ihop."
Baljeet ran through my mind.
I feel that way much too often.
Today we wanted to tell you about some more pinterest recipes we've tried out in our home.
There's some seriously good stuff on that website.
Forgotten Chicken
pinterest link here original link here
![]() |
| {source} |
I also heard once that if you want to switch your family over to brown rice instead of white, you should use brown rice in new recipes, not established recipes, because then they don't notice a taste difference. So I tried that with this recipe. I used instant brown rice instead of white rice.
I don't think my family has a clue.
Out of 9 votes (Papa Mike at it with us once too) it got...
all 9.
We've eaten it two Sundays in the last month. It's already become a regular dinner at our house.
Go pin it. Go make it.
Baked Penne
pinterest link here original link here
![]() |
| {source} |
As much as I love them, The Man needs meat. And baked pastas are usually just pasta and cheese, and sometimes veggies. So when I saw that this baked pasta called for meat I sang with the hallelujah choir in my head.
Out of 8 votes it got...
all 8.
Again we've made this twice in a month's time and then a third time on left over night. When The Circus found out I was making if for a second time they got excited.
Huge hit.
I skipped the green peppers in it and used regular ground hamburger.
Amazing Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili
pinterest link here original link here
![]() |
| {source} |
I can't say enough about finding really good recipes for the crockpot, especially as a working mom.
Out of 8 votes it got...
7
Sort of. The first time I made it Tayler claimed it to be too "spicy" but she ate it perfectly fine the next time I made it.
And The Man said it was "okay," but when I told him it a healthier recipe he said in that case it was really good. He likes it when eating healthier tastes good.
I've made this repeatedly and there haven't been any other comments "against" it.
I'm also planning on making for my work party coming up in a couple of weeks. I think it's good enough to share.
Baked Spaghetti
pinterest link here original link here
![]() |
| {source} |
Needless to say The Man is sick of spaghetti.
I decided to try this and see if I couldn't change it up a little bit.
Only 6 of us were home that night and out of 6 votes it got...
5
The Man is still sick of spaghetti. So I don't really think that counts against this recipe. It was super fun to present spaghetti in a different way like this. I found it a little dry when I ate it so I just poured a little extra sauce on the plate and dipped.
Also, when I do this again (after a few months. Let The Man get his spaghetti vibe back) I'd like to make it more garlicky.
Lime Chicken Tacos
pinterest link here original link here
![]() |
| {source} |
Out of 6 votes it got...
5
The Man had an aversion, for some reason, to the smell of it as it was cooking and thus refused to even taste it.
I wonder if I did it in the crockpot if it would smell better to him? Because the rest of us thought it was fantastic.
This weekend I get to take The Man on an adventure for his birthday. Which is still two weeks away but I'm working with an expiration date here, what do you do? You do it early, that's what.
I can not wait.
Also, I read this article and fell in love with it.
“Let us ask ourselves the questions,” he (Pres. Thomas S. Monson) has said, “‘Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need?’ What a formula for happiness! What a prescription for contentment, for inner peace. … There are hearts to gladden. There are kind words to say. There are gifts to be given. There are deeds to be done. There are souls to be saved.”
“The prayers of people are almost always answered by the actions of others.”
And this one too. (Thanks Evonne).
For that, good intentions are not enough. We must do.
Let us resolve to cherish those we love by spending meaningful time with them, doing things together, and cultivating treasured memories.





2 comments:
phineas & ferb and wizards are my favorite disney shows!
I am needed a reminder of my own advice, thank you.
Post a Comment