Monday, October 7, 2013

Over The Weekend. The Great Gnome Prank Begins.

Over the weekend I didn't:

finish painting Tayler and Cali's bunkbed
study for my math test that's tomorrow
do any math homework at all
find my missing iPod
paint the doorframe of the upstairs laundry room

But what I did get done:

the yard is (mostly) decorated for Halloween (it still needs my favorite witch curtains on the porch)
got rid of a bunch of Halloween decorations (I've been in a simplify/declutter mode and have been getting rid of all sorts of things)
we finally started our great gnome prank with this guy:


We have neighbors with garden gnomes in their front yard.  She loves them.  He hates them.  Our plan?  To quietly add a holiday themed gnome every holiday in their garden and see how long it takes for them to notice and react.  So this guy has been placed.  The gnome we bought before (here) will be for Thanksgiving.  We're going to bloody his axe and give him a headless rubber chicken.  And we'll have to keep our eyes open for a Christmas themed gnome.  I'll post pics tomorrow of their garden and our gnome placement.

And also, General Conference... even a session in person with B.



We emphasized to the Young Women in church that if they had a question or a struggle that they wanted to find help or answers to, that they should pray about it and somehow one or more of the speakers would touch them and help them find what they're looking for.

Generally I try to take what we tell the Young Women into my own life, because, come on, we give some pretty good advice to them :).

And I did.

Not that I really had a specific question in mind, but rather two general thoughts that I was hoping for a little direction or confirmation with.

And it did come.

And the spirit touched my heart.

The thing I love about the gospel is how absolutely happy it makes me feel.  It doesn't matter what stress I'm feeling, or what burden I'm facing, I feel in all things an underlying happiness that makes me certain that all things will come out for the good.  A happiness that makes me want to be kind and do what I can in this life to make the world a better place than I found it.

Quietly placing gnomes in a neighbors garden is a good start, don't you think?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...