Friday, April 20, 2012

today is national love your husband day

Last night we made rolo brownies

{source:pinterest}
Since Jayme is our resident brownie freak, I had her make them.  They're easy as pie.  Actually, I would say they're a lot easier than pie.  Unless you just buy the pie.  If that's the case, then yes, they're as easy as pie.
They turn out pretty rich.  You'll need milk. 
And neighbors to share the extras with.
Oh, and if you look at the recipe, I didn't freeze our rolos like it says, so let me know how that works out for you.  We just unwrapped them and plopped them in.  Also, I think next time I'll make them in cupcake papers.


We had some good rain this week.  It messes with The Man's job, where he works outside, but other than that little tidbit, I love the rain.  It means it's not cold enough to snow




I was downtown for more training yesterday.  I love the city.  I love living in suburbia, but I love when I get to go into the heart of the city too.  There's just so much character there. It speaks to me.
My training was with the Attorney General himself, Mark Shurtleff, (well, just the first little bit of it).  He even swore us in for our "new" jobs.  Which was weird, I get that for the lawyers and the investigators... but for the rest of us?  He said it didn't matter.  We were in a job of public service and he thought it was great that we all swear in to do the best job that we can.  So I did.
He's a lame duck Attorney General now though, as he's not running again.  It's kind of weird to think that I'll be voting for my next boss.  Well, my boss's, boss's, boss's boss. :)

Weekend plans?
  • Figure out something really nice to do for The Man.  Apparently I was a pain in the neck this morning, even though that wasn't my intention.  Sometimes it just happens.  He says I care about things too much.  I guess I do, I'm working on that.  In the mean time... I need to find a nice surprise for him between now and going home. I need my good to outweigh my bad.  Also today is National Love Your Husband Day.  So I really better be doing something nice.  (I only know this because my male co-worker just told me, ha :).  I guess I should make it clear that I can't find any proof that today is National Love Your Husband Day, but I'm going to go with it anyway.
  • Brynn has a birthday party to attend to tonight, so we'll be making that weekend drive later than usual. (I'll have to post a picture of the place we meet, it's like, The Hills Have Eyes creepy.  But it's our half way mark for meeting when we swap the kids).
  • Tay's birthday is next weekend so I'll need to finish shopping for her presents and set up her party at the Rec. Center pool.  That was her choice from our birthday list.  I should post that list sometime too, it's pretty helpful, even if I do say so myself.
  • My sister's (Kristin) baby shower.  Which means finishing up the presents I'm making for her (I can't say what they are yet.  What if she reads this?) And finish making the cupcakes.  I have half the signs finished, so I need to finish the other half and, you know, actually bake them.
  • Bowling with my other sister, McKell.  Except for the one fantastic time that I bowled a ham bone bowling is not my forte.  But it's still funny. 
Thought for the day:
"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." - Gordon B. Hinckley (here).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...