Day 11 of no Coke.
I have a few things to say about this.
I'm not physically addicted to Coke. Mentally, oh for sure, but physically, not so much. It's been 11 days, I've not had a single headache and I've not suffered with drops with energy levels with out the caffeine. That being said, I think about it all the time.
Do you realize how much Coke goes with?
Meetings in the office when every other co-worker is sitting there with their gas station or McD 32 ouncer.
Movies. We have refillable mugs for a local chain of theaters that we take with us when we see a movie. Last weekend The Man and I went and saw "Wrath of the Titans" (loved it, but I'm totally into mythology so that's that). We paid the dollar to fill our mugs and turned to the self serve soda displays. I stared long and hard at that Coke button. It was day 6 and I was that close to filling my mug with ice and Coke. Instead I went for Strawberry Fanta.
Can I just say that Strawberry Fanta with a movie is less than satisfying.
Coke also goes with
enchiladas
quesadillas
hamburgers
left over lasagna
Subway
drives in the car
break time at work... Coke run
shopping at the mall
any time The Man stops at McD for a sundae. Sundaes have also left me feeling less than satisfied.
Fridays
Mondays
drives to Vernal
Red Robin
camping, boating, 4 wheeling
Wednesdays
errands
grocery shopping
Costco hot dogs
Though I will say that Coke does not go with ice cream. Unless it's a float. But I don't like floats (I know, that's unAmerican) so I can still say it doesn't go with ice cream.
I told The Man that I'm not doing it because of addictive reasons. It's like saying you can't ever eat chocolate again.
Why would you do that to yourself?
And yet here I am, doing it to myself with Coke.
I made the comment on facebook "I didn't have headaches or lack of energy or anything. But man alive I just want it. I just like it. And I think about it all the time."
My cute friend Kelly commented " I'm the same way about Dr. pepper! and no other caffeinated drink makes me want Dr. pepper any less."
This is so true! There is nothing like the bite of Coke. You know, the bite that makes you hiccup right after.
If I'm to be perfectly honest, if it weren't for the bets on how long I could last, I probably would have had one at the movie. (Sorry, the bets are closed now, no raising the bar higher for me :) So sorry Jen, (who gave me 8 days) I made it through that. Now to make it past Karie-lady's bet of 27 days and Katie's bet of a month.
And then after that...
I honestly don't know.

3 comments:
I'm proud of you. :) I'm on day 3. LOL I may not make the the rest of the day.
i am contemplating giving up dr pepper in the next couple day. i can't now because i'm moving, and heaven knows dr pepper goes with moving. but maybe next week.... of course that's finals week and dr pepper goes with finals week too... ah! someday. someday i will give up dr pepper. the longest i've ever lasted was a week. and that was torture.
Giving up the Dr was one of my biggest mental challenges I have encountered!! You my friend are a rock star. Before you know it you will be not just one month free but rather one year! Go get em tiger.
Post a Comment