The best things in life could most possibly be those that are homemade. Unless we're talking about McDonald's Coke...
Can you guess what these girls were up to last night?
I'll tell you, it's 100% organic.
If you're a teacher you'd be very proud to receive this as a gift. Or at least, that's what these girls were claiming last night as they made leaf perfume to give to their teachers.
Good morning Mrs. Teacher, you smell wonderful today! Is that a new perfume you're wearing?
Why yes it is, thank you for noticing. It's called Ode la Leaf. It's organic and the newest "must have" out on the playground. I know some people, I can hook you up.
I had a hard time deciding if the girls were playing around, or if they really thought they were making the most awesome thing and were going to actually give it to their teacher.
In my mind it was can-you-imagine-them-actually-giving-that-to-their-teachers vs. my-mom-snubbed-out-my-creative-flow-at-an-early-age.
Smell this Mom!
Mmmmmm.... smells like grass (in my most excited voice possible), but you know, I don't think you're actually going to be able to take it to school.
I got an "I know" from Tay and a scowl from Cali. That's cool. We split the outcome down the middle, one for each outcome.
But if you like organic then I have a pretty awesome website for you HERE. They have some pretty amazing products, some of which I use everyday. Like this one and this one and this one. Also, they're out at the moment, but in the next month or so, you should get on and order the Horsetail Hydrosol, it's the most amazing stuff ever. I'm not even exaggerating. You should go look around the site, there's a lot of different products, all of which I love.
I would let this stuff go to school as a gift for the teacher.
Also, this morning we did Jayme up with a pretty nasty chin wound.
Our elementary school is pretty fun in that they make such things as the pilgrims and the civil war come to life. In the 5th grade events like these are very hands on. As pilgrims they're crowded into a dark "hull" of a ship, eating... whatever it is pilgrims ate, and being misted by water.
They also lived in a colony and had jobs and places in the community and took sides, confederate or the union. Today, they're having a Civil War battle. Jayme had a card explaining that her chin got shot and she's going to have a pretty nasty scar for the rest of her life, so we did our best to depict that.
It just made me want Halloween to come :).





3 comments:
I literally gasped out loud when I saw the picture of Jaymie's chin! I didn't realize until further down, that you had done it with make-up! Well done!
coming from a nurse... thank you! :)
Yahoo! The horsetail hydrosol is available again at www.thecreeksidecreations.com! I found a wonderful stand of the plant and have been ethically wildcrafting for two days, and my still is once again humming!! Love to you!
Post a Comment