Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Friendship Bracelets... Circus Style

For those of you who asked for friendship bracelets from the circus (here)...
They're being made today.
Except for Makenzie who specifically requested that Cali O'Maley be the one to make hers... Cali had it made and delivered that night.

The girls know what friendship bracelets are.

But when we went to Lake Powell with a big packet of string, and when everyone was braiding them and twisting them into cool patterns, and even tying them into hair...



the girls decided to do it their own way.

At first I didn't notice what they were doing.  I knew they had a bunch of bracelets tied around their ankles but I didn't really look at them.

Until Jayme and Tayler asked me what colors I wanted in a bracelet?  They wanted to make me one.  So I picked out my colors and they proceeded to make me one of these:






They lined the colors up and tied knots in the ends and then tied them on.
The end.
Who needs to braid these puppies when you can make them this way and get five in the time it would take you to braid only half of one?

I think my kids have mastered think smarter instead of work harder.

Please note that when you receive your bracelets from The Circus we may or may not throw some extra goodies in there.

Please also note that when you receive your bracelets from The Circus that it is appropriate to let the excess string hang down.

What's a mom to do?

I wrote down the names of those who asked for them and I'll probably be contacting some of you for addresses.  You may not want them now that you see what they are :).  But really, aside from the excessive excess hanging down, I think they're cute.

We have trend setters in our house.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...