Friday, March 23, 2012

Cali's Great Brain

The day after we got back from Florida (here, here, here, and here) was crazy busy.

It was Casidee's birthday (here), luckily I had wrapped the presents before we left so that was ready to go first thing.
Tayler had strep so I spent the morning at the doctor's office and the pharmacy with a poor feverish girl.  Thank heavens for children's Advil and antibiotics.
I then stole Cas from school for a lunch date with Grandpa Dick and Grandma KC (Salt City Burgers got two thumbs up).
It also meant that in the afternoon Cali had her Great Brain report.  She'd been working hard on her poster before we left to Florida so it would be all ready for me to bring into her class.  The only bad thing about doing it this way is that we didn't have time to refresh her memory on the big words.

Metamorphosis. 
Proboscis.
Gossamer.




She did great.  She got to wear the microphone dealy ma jig around her neck that somehow amplified her voice in the room for her classmates to hear.  Her teacher didn't mind at all if I needed to help her remember how to say the big words. 

She told how butterflies can lay on average 700 eggs in a day.  And how a chrysalis is for a butterfly and they're in there for about two weeks.

She told them all about the different body parts of a butterfly and how they can't hear and they smell with their antennae.

Her favorite thing that she learned about the butterfly was the proboscis.  I mean really, who wouldn't want a straw for a tongue?

She answered all her classmates questions like a pro.  Love that girl, I am so proud of her.

In other news... it's Friday!  It will be a kidless weekend for us.  Bitter sweet.  We sure love that circus more than anything, but raising a combined family is a lot of work and I look forward to the recharging weekends where The Man and I get to focus on each other.  (It's not like we just had a five day kid free vacation or anything... you can never put too much effort into your relationship).

The plan?
Clean.  Refinancing and appraisal are upon us.  Hopefully Monday.
Paint.  Those pink counter tops are living their last hours.  And one last stairwell.
Yoga with my cute Stacy friend who is becoming a certified Yoga instructor.  The class is free, she needs 40 volunteer hours.  I just so happen to love Yoga.  My matt lives in the trunk of my car because sometimes we do Yoga videos at work.  (Reason # 17 as to why I love my job.  Half hour exercise on the clock).

Huh.  And that's all I have.  Maybe I'll get the new John Grisham book read.  You know, the one they mailed me to read before it's even out for sale yet. 
Oh yeah.  That sounds like an amazingly good plan.  You can never go wrong with Grisham.  I'll have my book report for you (and Double Day Publishing) next week.

Last night I went to a stake Young Women's auxillary meeting for my church.  Someone there mentioned this video.  So I leave it as my thought for the day.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...