Wednesday, April 4, 2012

5 a.m.

Is it just me or is this week going s... l.... o.... w...
as in I feel like I've had Wednesday twice already, but here we are, only on Wednesday.  Is it seriously only Wednesday?

I've been working a 4-10 schedule this week and it's killing me slowly.  Getting up at 5, being at work by 7, working through my lunch...

I find myself nodding off at my desk.

I used to work similar hours when I worked at Burt Bros, putting in more than 40 hours every week.  #64 on why I like my job.  I don't work hours like that anymore.

Except this week (of my own choosing so I can have Friday off without using any vacation time), and it's draining me.  Man alive, I'm sure going to appreciate the weekend... if it ever gets here...

As I turned off my alarm at the awful hour of 5 a.m., I noticed there were emails waiting for me, so as I stumbled through the dark to the bathroom for my shower, I opened them up.  If you have to get up at 5 a.m. you might as well do it with some exciting news, right?

Macy Robison had emailed me to let me know that I'd won her give away for this John Bytheway book:


and it's signed by John Bytheway himself. 
Since I love John Bytheway about as much as I love John Grisham, I did a little dance. 

Apparently if your name is John, and you're an author, I'm going to to love what you write.

Thank you Macy Robison for making my morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...