Thursday, June 21, 2012

father's day post - The Man and Papa Mike

Just for the record, I am an expert father's day present hider. Expert I tell you. I had it hidden safely away at a neighbor's house for an entire week, made a big todo about "don't look!" as I hauled it in the night before and then...


I was sort of hoping that it's obviousness would actually work in my favor...

The Man's burst of laughter a mere 5 minutes later told me I was wrong.

For father's day I made corned beef and potatoes and a no-bake cheesecake by request.  We loaded up Jayme and Sean and the puppy boys, along with the food, into the car and headed to a park to meet up with Papa Mike, Lindee, Sam, and Morgan.

Not long after getting to the park one of the dogs stepped on the cheesecake...


good thing there was plastic wrap on it.

I'm so in love with my man.  He's the most tender, fun loving father, not only for his own kids, but for mine.  Blending a family has had it's issues, and it's fights, but we've worked our family as just that, our family, together.  I don't know what I would do with out him.


Papa Mike has always been so supportive and West and me.  I couldn't have asked for a better father-in-law.  He's hands on with the kids, who have declared that Monday is "Papa Monday," and they always want to call Papa when they're bored and want someone to come and play checkers with them.

















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...