Monday, July 9, 2012

independence day

Our Independence Day was surrounded by family.
We joined Grandpa Dick and Grandma KC at IHOP for breakfast.  Can you say, "red velvet pancakes?"

The girls were super helpful in prepping our desserts for Grandpa Brent and Grandma Julie's BBQ.

I survived baby and toddlerhood. 
I love childhood. 
I don't want another baby, but I'd be okay with pausing time with were The Circus is right now.



Didn't they do a good job?


The Man was working on a welding project in the driveway, but I was ready for some holiday fun, so I called up my "twin" brother and his brood (the whole three of them ha ha) and they drove down to my neck of the woods for some relief from the heat swimming.



Christian
Casidee









Sheri who screamed all the way down from the high dive
Nick's awesome back flip
Christian
Brynn vs. the high dive.  She isn't at all like her mom...
Casidee vs. the high dive



The conga line while swimming.  A must.


After getting water logged and sun burned we headed home to shower.  Christian decided to tag along with our crew.

If you feed the boy ham, he'll walk your dogs.
Twice.

We spent our evening with the family at Grandpa Brent and Grandma Julie's house.
Where I got to snuggle on baby Wyatt.
He can come visit any time.
I still don't want one, but I can be okay with spending time with that little boy, no problem.




When I started talking about how I'd left my smoke bombs at home, my dad decided to show me up by handing me a real smoke grenade.

How can you not want to pull the plug on something like that?


Sam says, "that looks pretty good," as he adds a little more.
We ended our night sitting on a hillside near our house, perched above the entire Salt Lake Valley.
The city lights of the valley were spread out before us and we could see all the aerials being done at homes throughout the valley. 
When 10:00 rolled around, we were able to see the amazing fireworks displays of five parks.



How grateful I am to live in a country that allows me my freedoms.
I can make my own choices, and live my own life.
And although I have a handful of different countries that I'd like to live in for a spell, there's not another country I'd rather call home than this one.
God Bless America.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...