No blood allowed.
So we settled for black eyes.
That's much more fun than sticking fake bandaids and wraps.
I've been trying new recipes this week, mostly off of pinterest so I thought I'd let you know what we think of the food pins that are floating around on that site.
(My food board is here if you want to follow it.)
Last night I asked to Brynn to help me with the potatoes and handed her the bag.
She asks, "do you want me to break them?"
"Do I what?"
"I mean, should I kill them?"
"You want to break and kill the potatoes?"
Turns out she was asking if she should grate and peel them.
I think it's going to stick around though. "Hey, will you break and kill the potatoes for me?"
Here are the three food pins that we've tried out within this last week:
Chile Colorado Burritos
Pinterest link original link
![]() |
| {source} |
Seriously.
Dump three things into a crockpot and walk away. Come back at dinner, wrap it all up in a tortilla and do a quick broil to melt the cheese.
Papa Mike joined us for dinner that night so with nine people having dinner that night it has a possible of nine votes.
How many votes did it get?
Nine.
We loved it. It was easy and had great flavor
This will be a frequent repeat recipe at our house.
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
original link
![]() |
| {source} |
A fairly simple crockpot recipe. I didn't end up doing it in the crockpot because it calls for you to precook the chicken and then put it in the crockpot for only a couple of hours, and being at work that day, that wasn't going to happen. So I just precooked the chicken and then threw it all in a regular pot to simmer together while I boiled the noodles.
6 of us were home for dinner that night and out of 6 votes it got...
only one.
I couldn't bring myself to eat this. Tayler loved it, but she was on her own in that. Maybe it was the fact that it just had an overwhelming taste of Velveeta. And nothing else. No other flavors stood out in this recipe.
I had a big pot of it and ended up just throwing it all out.
I'll be deleting this from my pinterest board.
Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Pinterest link Original link
This recipe was also a crockpot recipe, but I did it in a regular pan after I got home from work.
I ended up mixing the gravy into a smaller pan and adding water to thin the consistency and the flavor out.
This is the recipe we made last night where Brynn helped me break and kill the potatoes.
6 of us ate dinner last night. This recipe got...
6 votes.
The flavor was delicious. It took a little effort with the potatoes but it was so worth it.
We'll be eating this again soon.



1 comment:
I made those burritos a couple of weeks ago too, and they were a hit.
Pinterest makes cooking and grocery shopping so easy.
Post a Comment