*The winner of the Beadsbee Boutique watch has been announced on that post here*
I think it's important to date your spouse like you're still dating.
You should still put effort into it. You know, plan something, get out of the house without the kids, and connect with each other. Be excited to be together.
Remember why you're doing all the rush and chaos of life together.
Wear something other than yoga pants and put a little make up on, and for heaven's sake, shave your legs.
The Man and I have a posh little set up built into the fact that we both have every other weekend with our kids while they spend the other weekends with their other parents. We have this set up that both our ex's schedules are in sync. So we have a family weekend, and then we have a date weekend.
But even if you don't have that posh little set up, get a babysitter. You shouldn't use excuses to not spend time with your man.
We love dinner and a movie. There's nothing better in my mind than having uninterrupted conversation over dinner and then sitting close to him in the theater. But sometimes we like to do new things.
You know, keep it exciting.
This weekend I was exhausted from long hours of constant work for my job.
I thought The Man and I would just go out for dinner but he apparently had other plans.
Which he didn't tell me about.
I got into the car and he started to drive.
"Where are we going?"
"I don't know..."
By now I know it's no use pressing for answers. I'm not going to get them from him, but I'm okay with that because it's fun to see him wanting to surprise me with something new.
We didn't go too far from our house and when I realized what we were doing I literally laughed out loud.
You guys, he took me archery shooting.
It's not something we've ever done together, although we've both done it a time or two in our lives. It was fun to have friendly banter about who was a better shot. We shot at the same target and would compare how our arrows were to each other.
I'd say we're about even with this activity skill. And we shot until I felt like the tips of my fingers were going to fall off.
Then he took me to a restaurant that I've never been to before, which was so fancy and beautiful. I couldn't get enough of the details and the food... oh the food. We ordered things we've never tried before. I was in culinary heaven.
We ended the night by meeting Lindee and Sam at Strangling Brothers Haunted Circus.
This was high on my hit list this year because it's new (only the second year that they've done it and we didn't see it last year) and being as I love Halloween, I love going to these things. I love looking at how they decorate and do their costumes. Plus, I wanted to go simply because they hit on a circus theme, which I'm partial too.
Also, I don't have a problem with clowns.
Can I just say that this place had the best ending I have ever seen? And it didn't even include a single chainsaw.
We got hot chocolate and popcorn.
And at the end of the night I was arm and arm with that man of mine. Because he's the best for doing all of that for me. And he's handsome. And I love him. And it made me want to do special things for him.
Date night is a good set up to make you remember to be considerate of each other, even if you do like different things.
But you'll both be glad you shaved your legs.
No comments:
Post a Comment