Last night I pulled out some frozen roll dough and heated up some oil.
I had a hankering for Navajo Tacos.
I thawed the dough in the microwave and Tayler helped me roll the balls out flat.
When the oil became hot enough I dropped the first one in and it started to bubble and pop.
And then the power went out.
So we loaded up all the dough, the hot oil, and grabbed the chili and headed out to the trailer in a long line. If we can't have power in the house to cook dinner at least we can have propane in the trailer to do it. Just as we unloaded our arms of our supplies, the power flipped back on.
I sighed.
And then we loaded up all our supplies and tromped back into the house.
We're trying to sell the trailer and The Man has been scrubbing that thing to shining. I didn't want to make a mess on the stove.
So we filed back into the house, unloaded our arms of our supplies, put the pot of oil, which still held the half cooked scone (or fry bread if you're not from Utah) in it, back on the stove when...
the power went back out.
The Man began to laugh.
I resolved myself to the inevitable.
Alright kids, peanut butter or tuna fish?
I suppose we'll tackle Navajo Tacos again tonight.
Last night at the church, which had power thank you very much, we made these scarves out of t-shirts. A pinterest project, of course (here).
The only bad news about these scarves is when Cas and I came home with them, all excited because it was fun and super easy, now all the girls want to make one.
Which is totally fine and do-able except they think they get to cut up all their nice shirts to do it.
Yeah, I don't think so ladies.
But I know what we'll be doing with the next clothes clean out.
Sorry D.I., you won't be getting many shirts from us.
2 comments:
I need one of those scarfs. You look so cute!
I made some of those for Brenna and I. They are fun.
Post a Comment