Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wanted: A Good Book. And Not Wanted: A Bent Fork. Plus Other Random Wanderings.

Confession: I have no idea what to write about today.

Do I come up with some funny story that I haven't put up yet?
(Like Cali pounding down the stairs from her bedroom screaming and yelling at the top of her lungs, "MOM! David Archuleta is REAL!  My favorite rock star is REAL! I've only heard him on my CD, but I just heard him on the real radio and that means he's REAL!"  She seriously went on for a good few minutes about it and I was just baffled by the fact that having his own CD didn't already make him a real person in her mind. I'm also baffled that she called David Archuleta a rock star.).

Or do I tell you about how yesterday Cali had me ready to be done with the day, I'm climbing into bed with a mint hot chocolate and not do anything else today done by 8:30 in the morning.  Which I should have just called it quits at 8:30 in the morning because she picked up and continued with her stubborn self until she had The Man and me out at 9:00 at night at the Middle School searching the snow for her white coat which she took off while sledding and didn't think she needed to bring home again.  Let me tell you, that seems like a small thing but it was just the icing on the cake of a very long day with her.

That girl can do stubborn.

To the extreme.

So we get to practice doing our responsibilities in a timely manner, with a good attitude for the next three days.  (Which loosely translates to "girlfriend, you have tested my very last patient mother nerve and now you're grounded and doing chores for the next three days").

I could tell you about how the mysterious pain in my joints has worsened in my shoulders to the point that it's waking me up at night because it hurts so bad and it's worrying me a bit because it's started in my wrist now. (Joining my knees, hips, and shoulders.  No it's not arthritis or lupus.  I've been tested for those.  And I'm debating on trying to go to the doctor about it again now that it's spreading to a new joint, but I'm fighting with the fact that they don't ever seem to know what it is and I don't want to start building up doctor's bills to figure it out, because it's apparently going to be a bit of a process to figure it out).

I could show you the picture of the fork I found in the silverware drawer.



I couldn't unbend it.  I have no idea who did it, or how it happened, or why they thought to put it back in the silverware drawer.

Maybe Mom and Dad won't notice if I just put it back in the drawer...

Guys.  If you're going to express super muscleman capabilities on my cutlery at least hide it in the garbage can.

And good news on the remodeling front.  There is no more navy blue carpet in the TV room.

Can I get a hallelujah?

Hallelujah.

Oh, I know what I can post about today.  One thing I do need is a good book to read, so if you have any good suggestions, please kindly leave a comment letting me know.  When there's snow outside and hot chocolate and peppermint cookies inside, you need a good book to read.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth.

kelly anne said...

haha i love that they put it back in... for a while at my house we had a fork where one prong was bent up all weird and my mom always ended up being the one who got it at dinner time, and she hated having the broken fork... at first i think it was just coincidence, but then i'm pretty sure we all started to give it to her on purpose...
i agree with kirstin, divergent is WONDERFUL. i also love the giver, the last book in the universe, and pretty much anything by robin mckinely. and there's a book called matched - it's a trilogy and the third book just came out - that i really enjoy.

Jessica T. said...

I started reading "Time To Kill" today by John Grisham (is that his name?) and was in tears within the first 5 pages. Not sure if I am going to continue to read or opt out of what appears to be a very heart wrenching story. :/ I'm sure I have told you these before, but the Kate Burkholder series by Linda Castillo are really good. First book in the series is called sworn to silence. :)

The Circus said...

John Grisham is the bomb. You can't quit!
Thanks ladies! I can't wait to snuggle up and read something new this weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...