Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Typical Tuesday. Or Not.

It started out as a typical Tuesday.

I was out of the house and on campus before the sun was up, a very indecent time and a very indecent temperature of cold.


I cranked out two miles because the switch my husband flipped when he told me he didn't think I'd get up early to run is still turned on.

I'm so showing him.


And then I went through the motions of my early morning yoga class.  

It's slowly getting better.

Slowly.


By the time 7:50 rolled around I felt like I'd already had a full day.

I pulled out my phone as I walked through the bright college gym, headed to my car.

I got a text from brother Billy goat.

And a text from cutest Jen.

The phone rang and before I had fully said "hello," I was bombarded with the sound of The Circus belting out a rowdy rendition of Happy Birthday over speaker phone.

Tell you what, if you want it to sound like you have a lot of kids, have them sing loudly on speaker.  I swear there was an entire choir on the other end of the line.

I listened to them singing out the song as I tromped across the frozen parking lot of campus to my car and I couldn't help but grin ear to ear.

They warm my heart.

In the lobby of my work building I ran into my "boys."  They broke into cheers and jeers and dance moves.

And then I saw this:


























Luckily, as I sat my coat on my chair, I heard a rustle, and stooped to see what had made the sound...


The poor cleaning lady for our building wasn't so lucky, however.  She grabbed my chair to get to the garbage can and...

I suppose it's not going to be a typical Tuesday after all.

While I was working my butt of over at the campus, The Man had made his way to my office, knowing full well that some of the people I work with show up really early.  And he wasn't disappointed.  He knocked on the door and was let in.

He makes me so happy.

Guys!

It's my birthday!

It should be full of all the things I love.

And I want to share them with you.

It's nothing too huge, but I've gathered some of the stuff I'm obsessed with.

A $5 gift card to McDonald's?  That will get you five large cokes!  (Or if you're feeling blasphemous *ahem, Beth* then you can get diet or Mr. Pibb or lemonade I suppose...)
A $5 gift card to Burger King?  That will get you ten Odis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookes.  Oh, Odis.  He and I have a love affair far too often.  Also, when I get Odis cookies from Burger King, I don't have to bake them myself and I don't have to share with The Circus.  Sorry kids.

And a whole bunch of other random stuff that I'm not going to list out because seriously, it's random.  Except it's not because it's all things that I love.

So who's daring?  Who wants a mystery birthday package from me? I promise I'll fill it with balloons and all sorts of streamers and stuff.  Maybe it's your birthday too?

You might end up with a car air freshner.

You might get a bag of chocolate.

And strawberry Icebreaker mints might have made their way in.

And chapstick may or may not be involved.

*whew* the stakes are getting high.

I'll send it out to the winner on Friday.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

And if you decide not to enter, that's okay.

I'll gladly keep this stuff myself.

Because... it's my birthday.

8 comments:

Jamie Newman said...

First comment- yay! Happy Birthday! Oh to be a fly on the wall when the cleaning lady touched your chair...

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday. You probably have no idea who I am and think I am a crazy stalker person. I swear I'm not. I went to Cyprus as well but was older than you. But I hope you have a great day surrounded by all the things you love!

Jason said...

Happy Birthday!

makenzie anderson said...

Hi Steph! I love reading your blog. It makes me smile, and I love being your neighbor. I love yoir kids, and most of all I love you. I hope you feel all the love on this day, Feb 5th, aka. . Your Birthday!! Honk Honk!!

Unknown said...

I want a box of random!! Happy Birthday Steph!

Jessica T. said...

Happy Birthday Sister! BTW, I can't enter your giveaway for some unknown reason. I swear to you that the virtual world has it out for me today.

Taylor said...

Happy Birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Stephanie happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!

kelly anne said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hooray!!! If I win I will most definitely be blasphemous and get Dr. Pepper fro Mc'D's... ps. they don't have Pibb anymore. At least at the ones I've been too. It makes me sad because I actually like Pibb better than Dr. Pepper. Pibb Extra is even better!

Ps. Have you had the chocolate chip cookies at McDonalds? They are delicious if they make them fresh for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...