I decided long ago that the way to enjoy Valentine's Day is to not expect anything from it. Valentine's Day and I get along quite nicely since I've picked up that mantra.
The Man and I don't make a big deal of it together. One year we exchanged cards... a day late.
Another year we managed to exchange cards on the actual day, but neither of us signed them.
This year?
I found a pack of chocolate tools while I was at the store getting the kids' stuff for school so I grabbed it. I left it out for him to find this morning with a note that had something to do with the word "nail."
(Keeping it PG here on the blog.)
(Because my kids actually read it.)
(Yikes.)
And I wore this shirt to the gym and to my yoga class in his honor:
The Man has one that says "This Guy Loves His Wife" but he never wears it. ;) If it interests you can find them to order here.
We left a note for the kids telling them we loved them and set out a bunch of icebreaker strawberry duos.
![]() |
| {pic source} |
Judging by the fact that I had a plethora of missed calls from them by the time I got of my class this morning, I'd say it was a success.
Jayme has a school dance that we're going to show up at and take pictures at (like we did for Casidee last year, here) and The Man and I will go to lunch.
Probably Taco Bell.
He likes that place.
And then we'll end the day with our annual Valentine's Family Dinner by Candlelight.
Lighting a bunch of candles on the table and turning out the lights for dinner makes me a cool mom.
I guess I should plan a menu for this event...
Crazy thing:
Last night Cali was cleaning out her closet and found this:
Tayler's teacher gave this to her at the end of her Kindergarten year.
It was almost shocking to see how the girl has changed. She's covered in freckles now. And I thought hair was supposed to get darker as you grew, not lighter?
Also, apparently her teacher decided to rename her.
What crazy things are you doing with your family or special someone today?

No comments:
Post a Comment