13 must be her lucky number.
I could say it's mine. Being my first, she changed my life forever.
She changed it for the better.
The honking started at 7:00 a.m.
She likes chicken, in fact, she's requested chicken fajitas for dinner tonight. And strawberry cupcakes.
Her favorite color is green.
Her favorite movie is Brother's Grim.
Her favorite song is way too hard to choose, she likes, like, 500 of them.
But if pressed she'll throw out Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men.
She likes all things vampires.
She wants contact lenses for her birthday.
So she got a hand made card that said this:
"For your birthday I wanted to get you something that will keep you safe from hypnotizing vampires."
![]() |
| {source} |
"So your appointment for contacts is next Thursday."
![]() |
| {source} |
She wants to be a photographer when she grows up.
Or an anthropologist.
She's sassy and into music and books.
She's loyal and thoughtful and kind.
She borrowed my favorite grey boots today.
She better not break them.
Our tradition, up until now, has been to check the birthday kid out for a one on one lunch. But the thing with Middle School is if you miss a little bit of school, you pretty much miss an entire class. So instead I got her locker combination and picked up a subway sandwich for her. I also picked up some fun birthday themed gel stickers for windows. I was going to decorate her locker...
but when I got to her school I found someone had already beaten me to it.
*Ahem*.
So I filled it with lunch and treats and decorated the inside instead.
To Casidee, who is totally into music, and loves it when I find a fun new song, here's a birthday video that one of my co-workers showed me. It's not a new song, but it is a fun new band, and how they play the song is genius. I was blown away. So simple and so amazing.
Guys.
I officially have a teenager.


No comments:
Post a Comment