Friday, March 15, 2013

I Ate a Turkey Cheesesteak Sandwich

Yesterday I was craving a turkey philly cheesesteak sandwich.

The only place I know of to get one of those is at the movie theater by my house.

I so went there.

And I almost didn't go back to work.

Winter is stifling, suffocating, and heavy.  You get antsy and snippy, the kids are on edge, and The Man is complaining about everything under the moon; all because of winter.  We need to have room to run outside and the weather to travel and see places and explore.

We don't do well cooped up inside our walls day in and day out, freezing month after freezing month.

As I walked yesterday afternoon I felt the sun on my back and the breeze in my hair.  My new favorite aviators were perched on my nose, my flip flops on my feet and I felt so alive and excited about life.  The drudgery of a hard semester and long days at work and the challenges of motherhood were instantly pulled into new perspective with a good dose of sunshine on my skin and fresh air in my lungs.



I breathed.
I smiled.
I hummed.
I ate a turkey cheesesteak sandwich.

 I drove with the windows down and Les Mis blasting on the radio (because if that isn't a mood evoking soundtrack, I don't know what is).

Until McD's gave me a diet Coke.  How dare they.  The nerve.  It made my boss happy though.  Free Coke for him, woo hoo.

It's all about the sugar.

We broke a record high yesterday with 74 (F).  Spring is such a tease with temps falling back into the 40's again this week, but seriously, I'll take 40's over 20's and teens where it seemed we were stuck forever (and also breaking records with lows.  Hello coldest winter since like, 1930's).

Guess this means that today I have to clean the Navi inside and out.  I kept saying all winter that I wasn't going to do it because then my doors would freeze shut.

I have no excuses now.

So this weekend I'm cleaning and detailing my car.
Grocery shopping.  My nemesis.
Possibly taking my kids to Thanksgiving Point's museum for an assignment I have for my class.  We'll see.
Miss Cas thinks she's inviting friends over to celebrate her birthday.  I guess I'll let her.  I told them I was done with birthday parties after the age of 12, but we'd still make the day special (we did) and she can still have her own party, she's just in charge of entertaining her friends instead of me.
Also, time to take stock of what we have in the camper.  Camping season is looming straight ahead!

What are your plans this weekend?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...