Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

When St. Patrick's Day falls on Sunday, you get to wear your green flip flops to church.


And color the mashed potatoes green with the Sunday roast.  And serve peas and asparagus and pickles instead of corn.

And make green kool-aid, because, why not?




I found a fun little fact about corned beef, which I'm a bad wife and didn't make.  It's one of The Man's favorite things.

I myself am not a fan of the meat but I should at least serve it on Father's Day (I do) and St. Patrick's day (I don't).

They don't actually eat corned beef much in Ireland.  The tradition comes from the Irish immigrants who came to America and couldn't afford bacon or ham to eat, so they settled for the cheaper option... corned beef.  So it's not a true Irish tradition  but it is a true Irish-American tradition which, being in America is just as good.

What really has me nervous is that we're looming up on the most awful day ever.

April Fool's Day.

I think I'll stay in bed on that day.

Although I do have a handy dandy air horn at my disposal...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...