It would be nice if I could figure out what I want to be with my life.
Or rather, knowing what I want to be, it would be nice if I could figure out how to get there and if what I'm doing is the best path to it.
The Man and I did get all dressed up for our date night though. Unusual for us as we just generally go on our dates in whatever it happens to be that we had on already. But Saturday we dressed up our jeans with nice shirts and headed out with no plans whatsoever other than to just spend time together.
We ended up at Joe's Crab Shack and bumming around the mall. I find it funny that the time we actually spruce up we end up going nowhere fancy. But a date that starts with me noticing the eye makeup of our waitress and ends with The Man taking me to buy said makeup for myself because he liked it too, is a hit in my book.
Thanks to our waitress with her peacock blue hair for telling me the secrets of her cute makeup so I could go out and find it.
We had Jayme and Sean on this "kidless weekend" so we went to lunch with Papa Mike, who was at our house all weekend helping The Man build a new roll cage onto the razor after this trip. I pulled myself out from my laptop and papers and we headed to Training Table for mmmmm.... cheesy fries. And decided while there that we need to take Papa Mike out for sushi.
Sushi, by the way, doesn't mean raw fish. It means rice. It's all about finding what ingredients you like in a sushi roll, or rather, a rice roll. If you order crab or tuna that stuff is already cooked and not raw, and after having this conversation with Mike we decided we needed to take him out and teach him thing or two about ordering sushi that isn't so raw fish.
We at rocky road ice cream with marshmallow sauce and rented Lincoln from Redbox. By the way, looking up where a certain movie is online and then reserving it is the only way to do it. We didn't have to drive around searching for it, which would have been a task since my online search for it's location nearest to me proved that it was two miles away. But it was at a grocery store so we were able to pick up milk, rocky road ice cream, and marshmallow sauce when we went to pick it up. I watched the movie, The Man slumbered on the couch.
It's amazing to me to think how much Lincoln invested of himself into his presidency and how much he fought for what he truly felt was right.
How many of us do that?
Well, not in the presidency obviously, but in life.
My lesson to the Young Women in church when nothing like planned, and everything like how I felt it should have. Sometimes the spirit of the Lord just takes things in another direction and you know, as you look at those dozen girls leaning forward and seemingly hanging on to every word you're saying, that whatever you have written on the papers in front of you is long forgotten and the words pouring out of your mouth are inspired and seemingly exactly what they need to be hearing in that moment.
And you're filled with love and hope and the spirit and you can't help but hope and feel that they are too.
All I want to be is a good teacher. To engage them and to help them sort through the questions of the gospel so they can determine for themselves what I've come to know in my life.
I have no doubt whatsoever that I have a Father in Heaven. I have no doubt whatsoever that Jesus is the Christ, my Savior, my Redeemer, my brother. I have no doubt that there is a plan for me that included before my life on this earth, and extends beyond it. I know it.
If you want to know more feel free to ask. Or go here.
Congrats to the winner of the newsboy hat, Michelle K. I'll email you and Sisters Craft Corner will mail that to you as soon as I get your address.
Also, if you're so inclined, I was contacted by a guy who's trying to get through school (can I get a sympathetic ear on this one? How did I just spend my weekend???) He wrote,
"I am a graduate student at Clark University in Worcester, MA. I am currently working on my dissertation, which focuses on the spouse’s role in a person’s decision to seek help for alcohol use issues. The study is designed for married couples for whom alcohol use is an area of disagreement in their marriage, and is intended for people at all levels of alcohol intake. The study is fully approved by my university.
I am working on recruitment for my survey, which participants complete anonymously and entirely online. Given your family focus and the important role that family plays in helping people to overcome problems with alcohol, I feel that your site likely attracts 'real' people who might qualify for the study and be willing to participate. I am hoping that you would be willing to post a brief description of and link to my study on your blog?
"Participate in a survey on couples and alcohol use and enter to win a raffle!
Are you and your spouse legally married and at least 18 years of age?
Have you or your partner consumed alcoholic beverages in the last 6 months?
Is alcohol use an area of disagreement in your marriage?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you and your spouse are eligible to participate in a research survey regarding the relationship between your marriage and your alcohol-related help seeking behaviors. When you both complete the survey, you will each be entered into a raffle for one of four $50 Amazon.com gift cards!
The survey will take each participant approximately 20 minutes, and survey responses will be anonymous.
So there's that if you feel you can help the guy out. Because I agree with him, we're real people around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment