If I could pick any picture to resemble Father's day it would be this:
Of course, this was before the water fight started.
And then there's this:
Where The Man finally got his zero gravity chair. We went out and gave it to him from the back of the car first thing Father's Day morning. He promptly tried it out on the front porch and approved.
Of course he would approve. He's been wanting one forever.
I'm thankful to this man who helps me run our family as if it were just that, one family. Who tries hard with me to work it like there is no yours and mine; it's just us.
I feel my own Dick-Dad did that with me and I'm forever grateful to have him as my dad.
We made sure to give all the dad's these cards which I found extremely hilarious. For the two dads who were in town we bought a bouquet of balloons and tied the cards to the end of the strings for an alternative to just giving a regular card.
For my not so local dad I had to just mail them. Next year I'll have to get more creative on that.
Brent-Dad just had knee surgery so we took the balloons and cards, along with a swiss milk chocolate malt to him in the rehab center where he was laid up on the Saturday before Father's Day, and we chit chatted about nothing in particular.
Mike-Dad was lucky enough to miss the water fight that broke out at the BBQ.
I think we did pretty good at making sure all our dad's, including the one in my own house who I'm completely enamored with, knew they were thought of and loved.
I feel like life is in such a good, blessed place right now.
I feel like my cup runneth over from love, blessings, and good things in general and I feel completely unworthy of such an amazing life.
I feel that my Heavenly Father is so completely aware of me and I'm thankful for His hand in my life and hope that by my small actions, I might begin to repay Him for all the goodness that is mine, but I know I'll never come close.
All I can do is continue to be overwhelmed with gratefulness and keep on trying.
P.S. This peacock created quite the stir around our neighborhood the other day. It isn't very often that you find a peacock roaming your street, or at least, it was first for us. I kept telling people to go look pretty for him so he'd fluff out his feathers, but it never happened. I guess none of us were his style.
1 comment:
Hi! Checking in on blog land! Love you!!! A peacock?? That's awesome!!
Post a Comment