Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Remember to enter the give away that's going on HERE. I do believe there are some "daily" option(s) for an entry if you're interested. The winner for that will be chosen on Friday morning. Not a bad way to start a weekend, yeah?
Have I ever mentioned before how I hate mornings? Just thought I would throw that in there.
As it is I declared the weekend boldly to be date weekend and loosely to be math homework weekend.
Turns out I should have switched those declarations. The Man was sick on the couch from Friday afternoon until this morning.
We did fit dinner in Friday night.
Saturday I had sole possession of the remote control while The Man slept on the couch for almost the entire day.
Chick flicks and math homework. How ya doin' Saturday? Which wasn't a bad way to go considering the whole day was just rainy and cold and cuddling up with a blanket, a sick man, the remote control, and a math book, really wasn't a bad way to go about it. Not to mention that Lord of the Rings (all three!) were playing that day. Related: I stayed up way too late watching TV. And didn't even finish the second movie.
Sunday morning I was sitting on the kitchen counter, back to the door, leg crossed underneath me with my foot hanging off the edge, while I wrote the week's menu up on the chalkboard.
I heard The Man come into the kitchen and the thought crossed my mind, after watching so many chick flicks the day before, that if my life were a chick flick he would come up behind me and wrap his arms around me.
Before I had even really thought it, I felt a warm hand on my foot, and a strong arm come around me, and a tight hug and a kiss on the neck.
He is perfect for me.
And I have to admit that those chick flicks have nothing on the real thing.
Advice to my children: marriage isn't about you. And as long as both of you remember that, everything will be okay. Also remember that an angry snap comes out of hunger or exhaustion, or stress over other things, and should by no means be taken personally. A lot of fights could be spared by remembering that.
Thanksgiving's coming up and I'm hosting dinner. I'm trying to decide how I should do this to make it fun. Always we play a big round of Nertz ( a card game where I get my butt handed to me every year). But I'm thinking I want to buy the newspaper that day so the ads can be there to sort through. Whether we're Black Friday shopping or not, the ads are fun to look at. And perhaps create a kid table with a paper table cloth and a giant jar of crayons as the center piece?
What do you do at Thanksgiving dinner that makes it enjoyable?
Aside from stuffing your face, that is.
1 comment:
I like that idea of crayons as a center peeve for a drawing table. Too cute. Let me know if you want me to send the kids with some bulletin board paper from my school. Would work great for that I'm sure.
Post a Comment