Once upon a time I had a good morning.
I slept in past my alarm, but it was on purpose. I was completely comfortable and content to stay in my bed and I knew I would still have enough time to get ready.
And I did.
I even curled my hair and everything. I looked fabulous. Simply fabulous.
The night before I had been reading on my bed when the three older girls, Casidee, Jayme, and Brynn, came into my room. Cas dug through my closet proclaiming that she would be picking out my clothes for the next day. Jay and B sat on the bed with me and the four of us talked and giggled for a good long while.
My heart felt full in that moment, watching those sisters smiling and talking with each other in such a light-hearted way. And they had sought me out to include me.
The feeling of that may have still been with me the next morning.
I just felt good.
I sung to myself as I got ready.
I did Tayler and Cali's hair.
I wore the clothes that Cas had picked out the night before.
I was planning on taking The Circus to see Frozen (finally) after work. The Man had mentioned it was at the dollar theater and I couldn't wait to take them, they'd been waiting for so long to see it, and I was excited about the prospect of the movie with them.
When I got to work I grabbed my things from the seat next to me in the car, got out, shut the door, and turned to walk to the building when I felt something hit me on the top of my head. And then a splatter happened on the asphalt next to me.
No...
I looked up and sure enough, there were birds flying past me.
Darn it!
Though I might have said that a little differently. I'm guessing that bird thought, she looks a little too good, I'm going to take care of that.
And with that my weekend begins.

No comments:
Post a Comment