It begins.
I officially I have a high schooler.
I officially only have one child left in elementary school.
I officially have four kids in middle school.
I didn't take individual pics this year, mostly because it was raining, and I had just blown my hair dry, and had already stood in the rain on the front sidewalk, waiting for my kids to quit fooling around and stand still.
One picture and this mom was done.
I didn't want frizzy hair from the rainfall.
Priorities.
This year Casidee is a freshman at the high school.
Jayme is ruling middle school in 8th grade.
Brynn is in 7th grade.
Sean and Tayler are in their first year of middle school.
Cali has hit what has always been "big kid status" in my mind, 4th grade.
4th grade has always been "big kid status" for me since I was in elementary school. We had a big kid recess, and a little kid recess. Kindergarten did their own thing. 1st thru 3rd went to the little kid recess. 4th thru 6th went to the big recess.
I remember thinking on my first day of 4th grade, "I'm a big kid now!"
Apparently that's stuck with me because I see it in all of my kids when they hit 4th grade.
I don't have any "little" kids at my house anymore.
Things to be excited about this year?
Casidee: well, high school in general. I mean, come on. But also her first year of seminary.
Jayme: higher level of art class.
Brynn: dance class.
Sean: doesn't get too excited about school in general, but I think he's happy to know he has friends in his classes. And he decided to be involved in the PTSA this year.
Tayler: involvement in the PTSA as well as another season of soccer. And art class.
Cali: she's going to try her hand at learning to play the violin in the school orchestra. And probably choir too. This is also the year that's gong to determine grade and citizenship wise if she can tryout for student council in 5th grade, so she's excited to prove that she can be responsible.
We have good things ahead of us this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment