Also, if you don't follow me on Pinterest, let's be friends. You can find me HERE.
In honor of this very exciting feature, because, let's face it, I adore Pinterest and haven't had an original idea since I discovered it... I'm doing a tutorial on the easiest Halloween makeup I've stumbled upon.
And that's saying something since Halloween is a huge event for my family. Probably because it's my absolute favorite and I'm the mom so that just naturally results in it being a huge event at our house.
That being said, we get into Halloween costumes, and while we like to make them elaborate with details, we also like to make them easy to pull together. With six kids, easy is key.
Last night our neighborhood held its annual Trunk-or-Treat event. I had exactly a half hour from the time I get home from work to the time we need to be at the Trunk-or-Treat, so we usually do a half job "teaser" on the kids' costumes and I try to be as simple as I can with my own.
Last night I came up with Madame Butterfly.
And by "came up with," I mean stole an idea from my Pinterest Halloween Makeup board. Have I mentioned that's featured? Still totally excited.
Guys, it does not get easier than this, and I got so many compliments on it.
I picked up a pack of craft butterflies and simply cut the wings off the body.
I had a jar of eyelash glue so I applied some to the edge and a little bit on the back of the wing, and also applied a thin layer on my eyelid. I've learned that the trick with eyelash glue is to let it set up a few seconds before sticking you eyelash, or butterfly, on. This gives it time to get good and tacky.
After waiting for a few seconds I applied the first wind to my eyelid. I decided to angle it up a little bit so it wasn't in the way of my vision. I also like the angle of it better that way after I added the second wing.
I then followed the same gluing process underneath my eye, this time following along my eyelash line.
I added some glittery eyeshadow that I already had on hand around my eyes and was finished in less than five minutes.
The butterfly "fluttered" when I blinked, and I've never received so many compliments on a Halloween makeup before.
If you're short on time and need a last minute "costume," I would highly suggest this one.
1 comment:
I LOVE this! You are so amazingly talented.
Post a Comment