Day 4 of no Coke. The Man even took me to McD's last night. He wanted a hot fudge sundae, did I want a.... oh wait a second, you don't drink those anymore...
I was strong, I joined him and got a sundae. Whew. Made it through day three. I think day 5 has the possibilities of being hard since my boss always buys us Cokes on Friday.
When I took Cas to the doctor for her middle school booster shot (here) they noted that she needed glasses and told me to make an appointment with an eye doctor. We went to the appointment yesterday afternoon and found that her vision is 20/70. Which I'm told is pretty bad. She won't be allowed to drive without glasses. But we don't have to worry about that for four years yet.
I'm not entirely sure how her eye sight got to be so bad without anything being said about it, or us noticing it. It must have just been a gradual thing that she didn't realize herself.
Dilation really takes hold and lasts longer the lighter of color that your eyes are. Casidee has some pretty pale blue eyes. She had some pretty freaky looking pupils for the entire rest of the evening. This was even take after they'd come down a little bit right before she went to bed.
When West and I stopped at McD's it was on our way home from picking up yet another washing machine.
This will be our third washing machine in four months.
When the washing machine starts going out I get sick to my stomach. We just really can't afford to buy a brand new one right now. We want to avoid charging it as we're trying to get out of debt, not add to it, and when the machine does finally go out, every day of laundry that's missed is a week's worth of clothes for whoever can't do their laundry on their day. We missed two days this week. That's two weeks of laundry that didn't get done (a week for Tayler and a week for Cali), so we get to frantically try to catch up now. Not to mention that we had a wet bed this morning...
Though I can't say enough thank yous for our family and friends who have helped us out with free machines that past few months. It's been a huge relief that we've been offered help so quickly each time. This time we broke down and actually paid for one off of ksl. Hopefully it will last awhile.
On a totally random note does anyone else get sick of the school's sending home cabbage plants with third graders to plant?
I can't deal with this. We tried to plant Casidee's while we lived in the Centerville house, but the deer ate it (along with my strawberry and tomato plants, grrr, those deer where not my friends).
I think with Brynn's we left it on the window sill, waiting for warmer weather to plant it outside, and it died of thirst.
Now both Tayler and Sean have brought them home. Tayler has planted hers in a play bucket, you know, the kind you take to the beach. So we have to drag it in and out as the weather is still too cold for it to be outside at night. And Sean has placed his on the windowsill, but I found out this morning that he's pulled the bottom off of its container to "make room for the roots." This means if he waters it, the dirt will leak all over our windowsill and down the wall. I guess the boy better plant it in a bucket because I won't be allowing him to water it now.
I kill plants. I am a serial plant murderer. Listen up cabbage plants, you'd best find a new home, your chances are slim to null in this household. This assignment is not one that I want to deal with.
I've learned this week that if you want to set your 401k up with a financial advisor it's as easy as 1, 2, 3,
4, 5, 6, 7...
I love Thursdays! The sweet anticipation of half day Friday and the weekend ahead is sweet indeed.




No comments:
Post a Comment