Friday, September 28, 2012

Break Time

Some offices gather around the water cooler at break time.
Others may gather around the coffee pot to get their stretch from sitting at desks for too long.

At my work?


Our 15 minute break is spent with our giant sodas, hanging around the garbage can at the Maverick gas station.

Have you ever just hung out on the corner of a gas station?

There are some pretty interesting people who drift by.

And some pretty interesting vehicles.

We talk about vacations, phone apps, trucks, hunting, and children's birthdays.

Then we head back to the office and save tax payers money, one fraud case at a time.

This week has been fun.  This weekend we have kids.  This weekend  also ends September and brings on the most fantastic month of the year.

Love me some Halloween.

So this weekend we get to

eat pizza with Grandpa Brent and Grandma Julie
go grocery shopping
(grocery shopping is my nemesis)
pick up our family pictures
pull out the Halloween decorations
shampoo carpet
finish watching season one of Once Upon a Time on Netflix, because season two starts on Sunday and I want to be ready for it

If I have extra money hopefully I can start working on a costume or two.  We have a few tutus to make, a grass skirt, and a vampire cape.  Oh, and some bat wings.  I'm excited for the bat wings.
This year the kids want to be:
a vampire
a dead hula girl
a witch
the guy from "I Know What You Did Last Summer"
a black cat
the Monster High vampire

Of course I've already made my list of what we need for each costume, including what we have, what I need to buy, and what I get to make.

Let's get started on this October stuff already!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I see stuff online or in a store that is Halloween and immediately think of you. I simply cannot come to enjoy that holiday. =) Maybe I can send over my costume requests to you this year?? ;)

Jamie Newman said...

Do you work in Midtown Office plaza?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...