After yesterday's bad morning rant (here), I came home to soft rolls and a kind note from my neighbor.
It makes me realize how simple it can be to reach out to someone, and how badly I lack in doing that myself.
Sometimes I get ideas on things I could do for someone else, but I always fail on the follow through.
I need to step up and be better, because it's little things like this that make life wonderful.
Thanks Kirstin, for more than just the rolls.
Last night for our Young Women's activity we teamed up with the scouts and took a hike.
There was some debate on what our trail was actually called, but somewhere in there I think I heard it's part of the Bell Canyon area. But not the main hike, one that comes to the lake from another direction? I don't know. All I know is that we dragged Peggy along and that lady struggled.
So I had to carry her butt up the mountain.
Okay not really, I did what any good friend would do and just dumped her on a rock in the middle of the trail.
Just kidding. Peggy is awesome and obviously makes things a lot of fun.
We hiked up to the lake (next spring I want to take that hike all the way up to the waterfall) and looked at the sunset over the valley.
We looked over the valley and identified important structures like... Costco.
We encountered wild life.
I seriously dig hiking. I love feeling my body be strong and push through the hard parts and the fatigue. I love that even when a hike gets really hard, I finally make it to the destination and I feel a sense of pride. I love that I get to be somewhere and see something that not everyone sees, only those who put the effort into it get to see it.
I just love that.
This world holds so much beauty in it, and as I stood there on the mountainside, looking at the fall colors in the leaves, the ducks in the lake, and the sunset over the valley that I dearly love, alongside people that I dearly love, I knew that life is good. Even if I did allow myself to wallow in my crappy morning, life is good.
Today at school is Napoleon Dynamite day.
Because apparently it isn't politically correct to say nerd day anymore.
Gosh!
"You know, there's like a boat-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow staff."
"Well, I have all your equipment in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my numchucks in there anymore."
"What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?" "Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!"
"Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter." "Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time."
"Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?" "I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!" "Did you shoot any?" "Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?"
"Um, hello. Would you like to look like this?" "This is a girl."
"I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."
"Do you think people will vote for me?" "Heck yes! I'd vote for you." "Like what are my skills?" "Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache."
"Well, what are you going to wear to the dance?" "Just like a silk shirt or something."
"Just tell them that their wildest dreams will come true if they vote for you."
"Hi, is Napoleon there?" "Yes." "Can I talk to him?" "You already are."
"What the flip was Grandma doing at the sand dunes?"
"Well, things are getting pretty serious right now. I mean, we chat online for, like, two hours every day so I guess you could say things are gettin' pretty serious."
"Freakin' idiot!"
Napoleon Dynamite quotes here
No comments:
Post a Comment