Monday, November 5, 2012

Aren't you a little old to be doing this and of course we had phones

Sometimes when Halloween is your favorite holiday, you don't mind stretching it into November a little bit.

We had no kids and we had no definite plans but we left the house with the thoughts to find something.  We ended up at the movie theater for a matinee, bought our tickets, loaded up with drinks, popcorn, and milkduds (because you can't eat popcorn without milkduds.  Or vice versa), and proceeded to the ticket taker.

He takes the tickets from me, looks us up and down and says, "aren't you a little old to be doing this?"

I promptly reply with a "never!"

The Man laughs and says "yes..."

With that we entered the theater for Hotel Transylvania.

Don't tell the kids.

The weird thing about this is that I wore flip flops all weekend long.  It's November and I'm still wearing flip flops.  And only a hoodie. 

I remember trick-or-treating in the snow as a kid.  I also remember snow up to my thighs on a regular basis.  Of course, being a kid my thighs weren't as high off the ground as they are now, but still...

I remember a couple of winters where, with the shoveling and piling up of snow, there was enough that it was as tall as I was on the sides of the roads and the driveways and sidewalks.

What is happening to our weather?

Because we don't get snow like that anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the cold and the snow and the ice (holler! The Man put our trailer in storage for the winter so I can actually use the garage!  We have enough room in the driveway to get both cars past were the trailer stuck out now.  No scraping icy, snowy car windows for me this winter!), but I am worried about drought.  We at least need something.

It's not like me to say this at all, but I hope we get snow soon.  Our water levels need it.

On a different note, the other night Brynn asked me what year I was born in.  To which I replied "'79."

You'd think I'd learn (HERE).

Brynn then asks me, "Did you have phones when you were a kid?"

And I balked.  "Brynn, 1979 not 1879! We had phones and color TV."

I should have seen it coming, she started out by asking me about World War I...

{pic source}
Of course we had phones, they were just all attached to the wall...

1 comment:

kelly anne said...

hahahaha that's cute.

i made markus take me to hotel transylvania also. so cute! i loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...