Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Before Pictures: Office and TV Room

The plan for today was to post the vlog I did with my dad.

But I had issues getting it to upload so I'll have to play around with it again tonight and get it up tomorrow.

Sad news, I know.

I guess I'll ramble on about my Veteran's Day then.  It was one of those days when I found myself all alone in my house.  Those occasions are rare with a family as big as ours.  But The Man still had work and The Circus still had school so it was just little ol' government employee me staying home for the day.

It was so nice.

I love my family.  Truly.  But sometimes it's nice to be given a day when I can pretend that my time is actually my own and I can eat a chocolate orange without sharing (or hiding while I eat it), I can listen to whatever music I want, I can watch whatever TV show on Netflix that I want, and I can go anywhere I want to whenever I want to.

I don't have to tell anyone where I'm going or go over a list of things that need to be done or not done by anyone while I'm gone.  I don't have to feel guilty if someone doesn't want to listen to my music or watch my show.

And I don't have to share or hide my chocolate.

Did you know that there is practically no one at the grocery store at 11:00 on a Monday morning?

I had a pretty decent list of things I wanted to accomplish on my day off, and I didn't get it all done.  I never feel like I have enough hours in my days off.

But what I did start doing is painting.  We're doing more remodeling in our house.  Our bathroom is pretty much done.  We just need mirrors and then I'll post the before and after pictures to shock and amaze you.  Our kitchen and dining room have been tweaked with paint and new light fixtures (here), leaving us with a Barbie kitchen.

Now it's time do redo the flooring on the main level of the house.  This is what The Man and I have chosen to give each other for Christmas.  Wood floors.  And since we're getting new floors, we may as well repaint the other rooms on that level while we have the old carpet in so we don't have to care about drips, right?

So I spent some time at Home Depot stocking up on paint, and getting some color swatches.


And then I went home and took some "before" pictures, even though we'd already moved the furniture.
By this time The Man was home to help out.
And home to debate with me on how we should decorate and what colors we should use.  Sometimes it's frustrating when we can't agree, but when we finally hit a plan that we both like, it's exciting and it looks so good.

So we're going to turn our office from this:



To something along these lines:

{Picture source here, idea found on pinterest here}
He's coming around to liking my idea of gray walls :)  Especially now that we're getting rid of the nasty horrible terrible navy blue carpet and getting wood floors.  He's even going to do giant white baseboards and white crown molding for me.

I can't wait!

We won't mention that we agreed on this plan of action after I'd painted two walls taupe. 

I don't mind repainting them, especially if it means repainting them gray.

And we're going to turn our TV room from this:




To giving it the same color scheme we used in the dining room:

This is not our dining room.  After pictures will come after we do our floor.  pic source here

With lighter tan walls and an accent chocolate brown wall.  Hopefully coupling that with new flooring will lighten up the feel of our TV room.  It feels so dark all of the time.

Merry Christmas to us!  Even if it is a month in advance, we want to get it done so we can enjoy it when Christmas really does roll around.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...