Monday, November 12, 2012

That's what I get.

The snow started out as sleet, a combination of rain and snow falling wet from the clouds.  It eventually turned into giant white flakes that stuck to the ground and began to build.


This is what I get for complaining about not getting snow like we used to, I thought to myself.  Serves me right.


But I still stand by the thought that we really need the moisture in our state.  And it really didn't bother as much as it usually does to have it be so cold and snowy.


When I got home from work The Man was already out and playing in it with the kids.  Snowmen in various stages of completion dotted my yard and The Man began to do donuts.


I was standing on the driveway and he caught me with the spray of the snowy rooster tail that flew up behind him as he spun.  The drops of wet snow that were flung at me stung when they hit, and began to slide down the neckline of my shirt.

I decided to catch this on video, but this time I was determined to get out of the way of the snow that was going to be whipped up into the air.


I had snow flung into my ear and again had it slipping down the neckline of my shirt as it pelted me.

I'd had enough snow.


It continued to snow through the night and into the next morning.  We had a foot of snow sitting in our yard and it continued to fall.

So we did the only thing we could think of.  We packed up the kids, piled into the Navi, and headed south to St. George where we could be sure that even if temps were cooler, they were warmer than at home.  And there wouldn't be any snow.

So we visited Grandpa Dick and Grandma KC.  I needed my dad's help with a video homework assignment anyway (that will be coming tomorrow.  My first vlog with my dad as my special guest).  We left the snow behind and headed to fifty degrees of not so freezing cold.



And it was nice.  We wore jackets instead of snow suits.  I videoed my vlog with my dad and then we took them out to dinner.  We watched a movie snuggled up in their TV room and ate air popped popcorn.

We slept with the windows open.

We went to church and then had a wonderful roast dinner.  The kids ran and screamed in the backyard, working out all of their energy.

We talked .


We ate pie.

We contemplated making a permanent move, but not for too long. It's too complicated a process.  There are trivial things, like jobs, to worry about.

I think Sean said it best when he said, "I wish we never had to leave here."

Thanks for the weekend Mom and Dad. xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...