Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Santa at City Hall

The lighting of the lights at our little City Hall is a grand event indeed.

Choirs sing, Santa visits, there are poinsettias everywhere, and Christmas trees and a little snow village complete with a moving train.


I have to say, I'm pretty proud of these kids and the effort they put into being in choir.  The choir practices before school two mornings a week so these kids are getting up early to get ready, get their chores done, and walk in the cold to school.

They're always so excited about choir when it comes around every year.

Last night was just a sneak peak of what they've been working on.  We'll get their full musical repertoire next week when they have their official concert.

And then there's always the dreaded Santa visit.

Dreaded because Santa has already secured his gifts for the kids and he's just hoping that what they ask for is what he has "made" for them.

Luckily Santa was in sync with the kids this year and wasn't too far off with what they were asking for.



I love Christmas and the magic and joy that it brings to the center of our lives.

Christmas with kids can be the most magical and joyful time of all.  It never ceases to amaze me how big their hearts are.

I welcome this holiday season.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...