Before we venture into our weekend I'd like to remind you about the book Parenting Gag Reel-Hilarious Writes and Wrongs: Take 26.
This book supports autism and only costs $2.99. A link to buy it is on my sidebar. Also, I'm giving away 5 copies of it here.
I think I picked up on a rumor that it's going to come out in paperback soon which is really cool.
The Man and I are on the verge of a kidless weekend, because you know, a week camping without The Circus wasn't break enough.
Just kidding kids.
I missed them a lot, but as it goes it wasn't our holiday and it's now not our weekend.
That being said we'll be spending this kidless weekend with 5 of the 6 kids.
I'm okay with that.
Date night will still be held however. I can't express how much a marriage needs consistent date nights.
Take your spouse out! Get is a sitter! And for crying out loud shave your legs!
On my to do list for this weekend, along with homework and General Conference is to teach Brynn how to run a blender.
Last night I made Swedish Pancakes (a sweet crepe, recipe to come next week because I always lose my copy of the recipe and always have to call my mom to get it again. I figure if I put it on the blog I can't lose it anymore.), which we like to cover with chopped up strawberries. I asked Brynn to throw them in the blender.
She pulled out the pitcher part and sat it on the counter.
She found the lid and sat it on the counter too.
She pulled out the strawberries and painstakingly cut off the green tops.
And then she stared at the blender pitcher for a minute.
"This doesn't have any buttons, how do you start it?"
"It needs it's base still."
That girl is our resident blonde. Another thing I may have to apologize to her future husband for. With any luck she'll grow out of it like I did.
Right?
I totally did.
This weekend we are:
Doing homework! I'm so ready for this semester to be DONE. It's been a heavy semester and I'm tired.
Going to the Natural History Museum at Thanksgiving Point because... it's homework for me.
General Conference! I have tickets to the Saturday afternoon session. Which girl do I take with me? Time to pick numbers girls, I only have two tickets.
Touch up painting.
Date night! I don't know what we're going to be doing but I'm pretty sure we haven't been bowling in a while and some friends and/or family should go with us. Sans kids guys, it is date night after all.
Oh, and I suspect Sunday Nap will making an appearance for me.
Hard core.
What are your plans for this weekend?
One day I will be as good of a teacher/speaker as Brad Wilcox. His message on the grace of God is... amazing. To say the least.
1 comment:
Remember how you're the best ever? That talk was exactly what I needed. I get it now, and I understand. I didn't before, but I thought I did. (Pride issues...) I just needed this. Also, I love you.
Post a Comment