Monday, April 8, 2013

The Circus Takes On The Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point

When I moved out of Utah Thanksgiving Point was still a pretty new thing.  In fact, I moved in 2001, the very same year it had its grand opening.

Needless to say, I never got to see it, and it has certainly done some growing in the years since then.

Fast forward six years to when I finally move back to the Salt Lake area.  A lot changes in six years.  It felt like I had missed so much in a city that was supposed to be my home, where I was born and raised, and yet there was so many things that were new to me that weren't so new to everyone else.

Thanksgiving Point would be one of these things.  It took me 12 years, but finally, I made it to Thanksgiving Point.

For my biology class I needed to go check out the Museum of Ancient Life.  So I took The Man and the two willing kids that we had and we set out to see what we could see.

And to take a lot of notes so I could remember it later for my paper.

I was competely and utterly fascinated by the enormity of the displays inside this museum.  Time and time again I would find myself whispering, "whoa," under my breath.

I can't believe it took me so long to come and see this place.









Just hanging with my homey.  Word.

This guy was hands down my most favorite part:


He came at you without warning.  You were walking along, checking things out, you turn a corner and wham!  There he was.



I loved how hands on the place was.  I loved the shock factor that was everywhere.  

I love that I got my homework done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...