This week got busy. And so it begins, the changing of the schedules with the pending changing of the season. Though school is starting way too early this year so I can barely say that the season is changing. Just that the season change is pending.
Last night was back to school night. Last year with Casidee it was a bit stressful as neither of us knew the school layout at all. This year was better. We'd had a round with that school under our belt, and even though there was the big switch of moving 6th grade up to middle school for the first time, at least we were a bit more familiar with the way things were going to go.
When I was in Jr. High and High School I would get my schedule and head down to the school during the summer to find my locker and locate all of my classes. I have a fear of standing out in a crowd and I didn't want to be late to a class or get lost and draw attention to myself.
Last night was back to school night and the school has set it up specifically for that reason. It gives the kids a chance to walk through their classes in order and meet their teachers, and find their lockers.
It might have taken Brynn a half hour to figure out how to get her locker open, but she finally got it.
West took Jayme around to her classes, I took Brynn, and Cas was on her own, which was no big deal since she'd "been there done that" already.
Today the 7th graders have their first day of school.
All by themselves with no one else in the school so they can get the hang of it without other kids bustling around them.
Today Jayme took her first crack at being in middle school.
And let me tell ya, this girl is ready.
Theater and art class? Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?
It's a little surreal when I think that half our kids are now in middle school.
Tomorrow Brynn gets her practice run with the 6th graders and come Monday it's back to school time full blown.
No comments:
Post a Comment